Monday, March 9, 2009

My Creative work;
"Tall Tales" 2006
Acrylic on board



















These works were completed at the National Art School Intensive Art Program in late 2006 when I was in year eleven. Really these were the first paintings were I explored colour and the ideas of many unrelated images forming one fluid piece of art. I was mainly inspired by Susan Norrie and did most of my art work when I was on the verge of exhaustion and threw caution to the wind, which allowed a sense of volatility. I tried to tap into these ideas and the method I used when I was creating my year twelve body of work but was never really able to produce the same kind of art. I'm afraid that it could be a one off thing as I still haven’t been able to produce something I like as much as these art works and this thought scares me.


Colonia Güell
Antoni Gaudi 1852 - 1926
Santa Coloma de Cervello



































Antoni Gaudi is a very well known architect and it is my dream to some day travel and live in Barcelona surrounded by his architecture. This is my favourite of all Gaudi’s works due to the raw energy it expels. His inspiration from nature and his thoughts that architecture should grow from the ground, imitating nature, can be seen throughout this small crypt and is one of the reasons why I am so draw to it. It was one of his first works and it is not only beautiful but has complex constructive elements that were years ahead his time. This greatly fascinates me as I am studying civil engineering and it is always interesting to see how engineering and architecture can co-exist in something so beautiful.


The Crooked tree;



















This is a tree on the side of the road, I can’t exactly remember where. My boyfriend and I were driving and I saw it and fell in love, so much so that I made him pull over and chuck a u-turn just so I can take a photo of it. It’s not exactly the greatest picture, but I just thought that it was totally remarkable how a tree could grow this way. I'm not sure how or why it grew this way but I just think it’s utterly beautiful and remarkable and it reminds me of the phenomenon of Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment